Sunday 2 January 2011

wow...two days in a row!

Over the past year we have continued working on Inko's tricks, but probably not as often as we should. My plan for this year is to try and do more with her, to make her performance on tricks more consistent, and to try and learn some new ones too. I also hope to try and finally get round to doing the Kennel Club Good Citizen Bronze award with her (and maybe even Silver) - I must get booked onto a training course soon, to learn the last couple of bits more solidly, and then we need to keep our fingers crossed that we both can get it right under assessment! I'm pretty sure she's nearly ready now, but it depends on her being in the mood on the assessment day!



I managed to get a quick video of us doing a bit of practice the yesterday. Whilst she knows quite a few tricks, she is a little haphazard in her performance at the moment, and often starts trying to 'offer' tricks in the hope of a treat, rather than waiting for the command!! This is especially the case for 'shy' and 'wave' - she starts flapping her front legs as soon as she sees me get a treat, so we need to work on getting some more control there. Hopefully it should be do-able with a bit of effort, seeing she does generally know the commands.






I did also take another better quality video on our new camera today, but I just uploaded it and it was 106MB! Ooops - seems I recorded it in HD! I'll try and work out how to reduce it in size so I can upload it on here...or I'll try recording a new one!


In the meantime, here's some more new pics



Inko showing off her long toe hair!!



A bit more singing!



Such a grown up girl now!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh my, she *is* such a grown up girl now! She's very responsive doing her tricks. I'm sure she will easily get her bronze & silver.