Saturday 7 February 2009

Inko's first show

Inko went to her first show today! She was a bit wary of what was happening when we first got there with all the people, dogs and smells everywhere but she seemed to settle down pretty quickly.

First the good performance...

Our first go in the ring was AVNSC puppy - Inko went up against a PMD and a Sammy. She came second, with the PMD in first and the Sammy in third. Was pretty pleased with that...nice to get her first rosette!!Not bad for her first attempt - she was pretty good when being handled by the judge and stood very nicely. She was a bit 'wobbly' on her first run round the ring so the judge suggested we go round again and she was much better that time, and then she stood nicely when the judge looked at them all again. But that wasn't to continue!

And then the not so good (also known as terrible!) performance...

We then went straight into AV puppy stakes being judged by Toni. It would appear that Inko had used up all her 'calm' and 'goodbehaviour' or had left it in the other ring because Toni definitely didn't see her at her best!! I really struggled to get her attentionin the ring this time, even with liver cake a plenty! I think she was more distracted this time as there were lots more dogs in the ring with her, and I think she was also getting tired by this point. Being a novice myself didn't really help as I wasn't too sure what I was doing either so didn't know any tricks to try and get her focused again!! She wiggled all over the place while Toni tried to check her over and then looked like a complete nutter while I did my best to try and get her to do a triangle round the ring - she jumped up trying to chew at my coat the whole way...not exactly a controlled performance by any stretch of thge imagination...not a chance in hell of Toni being able to make any sort of judgement about her gait etc!! Needless to say there was not another rosette won in this class!!

So one good result, and our first rosette...and also lots of stuff to work on for next time so that I don't have to look like I have NO control over my dog again!! LOL

Now have two weeks to prepare for the next one we've entered!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Well done Paula & Inko on your first show and rosette! I had a sneaking suspicion that Inko would be a chip off the old block - Neka came 4th out of 8 at her first ever show but it took me 4 goes to get her to trot with all 4 feet on the floor instead of only 2. I'm sure you'll both be pros in no time :-)