Sunday 5 June 2011

Qualified for Crufts!

We were starting to panic slightly that we might not get Inko qualified for Crufts this year. Now the Finnish Lapphunds get Challenge Certificates (CCs), the chances to qualify are much smaller than they used to be, as only certain shows are now qualifying shows. Given that the number of opportunities are smaller, the number of dogs being shown at each qualifying show is also higher. At each of the possible shows we've attended so far this year, Inko hasn't placed high enough to qualify, and given that we couldn't make it to all qualifying shows this year due to date clashes, we were worried we wouldn't manage it.

Today was Southern Counties, which is always a popular show because we always get a Finnish Judge for your classes. We had entered Inko into Postgraduate Bitch, and when I saw the catalogue this morning, I could see that this was a big class. Despite a small number of absentees, there was still a decent number of entrants, so I just had to keep my fingers crossed for a top three finish for the Dink.

I needn't have worried, becuase she did me proud and was a really good girl, ending up being picked as 1st place!!! I couldn't believe it, and my heart was pounding while standing for the critique to be written. We didn't get anything in the Bitch Challenge later, but still a super result for our super dog...and now we can definitely go to Crufts next year :)

2 comments:

Jo Ross said...

She looked great and barked less than normal today bless her, well done Dink x

Karen said...

Congratulations on qualifying!