Wednesday 1 October 2008

3.50am!!!!

I should start with a bit of praise...last night we put Inko to bed and there was pretty much no peep from her. A couple of teeny tiny woofs a couple of minutes after we went upstairs but nothing more than that. It was actually quite disconcerting having her be so quiet! Not that I am in any way complaining - let's hope she keeps that up. I started wondering whether maybe we have cracked the sleep thing.........but then........

.......We got howling at 3.50am today!!! I think Inko could hear the bathroom door upstairs creaking as it was being moved by the wind through the open window, as I have to admit that it woke me too. Before she started making a noise I had crept as quietly as I could to pin the bathroom door open with a book n(as it creaks more to pull the handle down to shut it!) and crept back to bed. Only about 2 minutes later, Inko started making a noise - quite a big noise!! Even though I knew the neighbours would probably be cursing me (I was cursing myself!) I left her to it! I didn't want to risk rewarding being awake at that time of night! She kept going for about 30 minutes!!!!

Once she finally settled we managed to finally get back to sleep. I woke up again at 6.30 and she didn't seem to have stirred yet. As this is the time we'll ideally be wanting to take her out for a walk before work in the future when she's had her jabs, I walked downstairs pre-barking to let her out. I thought this might also help to show her that she doesn't have to be barking to be let out in the morning!

She is now sat on her blue bit of vet bed in the lounge eating last night's Markie!! She seems to do that every morning - doesn't eat it at night when we give it to her, but saves it for the morning!!

I am going to be doing a lot of leaving her on her own today to start really getting her used to it for when we are both at work - I feel I may get a lot of complaining from her at first! I had done a little bit yesterday but I really haven't been doing this enough. If I can manage to get this cracked I'm sure things will be much easier - have a feeling it may be easier said than done - wish me luck!!

Will report back later on how we get on!

Paula

No comments: